People Power Australia is a broad-based centrist political movement which aims to win seats in federal and state parliaments and local governments, and enable ordinary citizens and communities to reclaim ownership of our democracy.
You are warmly invited to join us.
We welcome people from across the traditional left-right spectrum by emphasising:
- the empowerment of citizens and civil society;
- collaboration across social divisions and political backgrounds;
- local initiatives and practical solutions to economic, social and environmental challenges;
- the break-up of cartels in banking, retailing and essential services; and
- stronger community relationships and responsibilities.
We are a very new political party in Australia, formed in November 2013 and registered by the Australian Electoral Commission in February 2014.
We are confident we have a very big future in Australian politics, and will challenge the status quo. Become involved. You'll be very welcome.
People Power Australia